Monday, May 3, 2010

Family Weekend

Alex blessed little Beckett yesterday, which meant we got to enjoy our families for the weekend...

*Friday: Hamilton, Beckett, and I hung out with my grandma and my dad (Grandpa Phillip!) for the afternoon. Hamilton and I my dad played hard while my grandma and I dealt with a very, very sad Beckett who suffered some owie gas. I then stayed up into the wee hours of the morning baking and working on the house (you know all those projects you want to do but never have time because of the kids? Rethink wasting your time sleeping.)

*Saturday: Beckett and I had a quiet morning finishing up Alex's birthday cake (German chocolate from scratch...see pic) while Alex and Hamilton were getting Alex's car fixed. We had Alex's family (Kent, Dale, Aaron, Diana) and my family (Dad, Delys, Grandma Snyder) over for a belated "Happy Birthday Alex!" celebration.

*Sunday: Wonderful husband gives a wonderful blessing...followed by Cafe Rio-inspired pork salads. Does life get any better?

*Everyday: Hamilton out of his mind at having all his best playmates around all at once. Me thrilled at having family help with the boys and getting to cook and bake all the weekend. Beckett smiley and adorable (except for sad gas trouble). Alex doing a stellar job at ignoring the fact he had a big motion to write as soon as everyone left....he took advantage of that same "magical" time I did: 10pm-2am.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi! How are you? Glad I found you on the blogsphere.

    What a cute outfit. I'm obsessed with finding boys' church clothes, and that sweater vest is adorable.

    Kinda funny seeing Delys in your pictures, just because she was my professor. :) Glad you got to have a lot of family there!

    And that cake... yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Kate for making the cake from scratch and taking advantage of 10pm-2am! I also must say you look amazing! I've seen baby blessing pics where the mom's haven't quite lost the weight, but you look great! Must have been so fun to have all the family around. We're sorry we had to miss it.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete