Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Three Months, Beckett!



  • He's doing a great job growing! Chubby cheeks are here...and chunky thighs are on the horizon...hooray! The downside is saying good-bye to those cute newborn clothes.
  • When he wakes up at night to eat, the first thing he does when he sees me is smile. Seriously. And, knock on wood, "at night" is closer to "in the morning" lately. Please, don't let me have jinxed anything by trying to give an accurate account...
  • He continues to exhibit a very sweet, mellow personality. These words were even mentioned in his blessing. Whew.
  • He enjoys his swing, especially the mirror he can look up at and see his cute little face.
  • He likes bathtime now and diaper time is much calmer and usually ends up with him in a very Zen-like state.
  • He's started to play on his playmat. Mostly just smiling and cooing at what he sees.
  • His mommy is horrible at remembering to do "tummy time" and fears she's ruining his physical development.
  • He's had a couple diaper blowouts...ruined one of my favorite outfits. Just as a warning to moms, never think, "Wow. I hope he doesn't have his first blowout in this super cute and soft alligator sleeper OR in the middle of Disneyland." He did...both counts. Still love him.
  • He is still alive in spite of Hamilton. If I had a dollar for everytime I said...
"Soft!"
"Stay away from the baby!"
"Too much! Too much!"
"Only Mommy holds him!"
"ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
we would no longer owe money on our home. Please note that the close-up of Beckett features Hamilton's finger. I was amazed to get a picture with only THAT much of Hamilton in it.
  • Three months is typically the time you get amnesia about so you actually consider having another baby. I'm REALLY glad to emerge from the three months fairly unscathed. Still don't want another one right now...and trying to locate a toddler boarding school.
note: Might seem a bit negative regarding crazy Hamilton...my next post will be a new list of Hamilton moments. I've been better at keeping track...it helps me remember he is smart, adorable, and hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. I've looked at this post multiple times now and can't believe I haven't commented yet. Okay, so First, I love the pix of Beckett. He has already changed so much and he has such cute, defined features. He looks different than the baby Hamilton picture that is still on our fridge. So happy he's eating better and I LOVE chubby babies!! I bet his zen/mellow personality is a nice change to your busy Hamilton! Oh, I'll have to make sure I only dress our baby boy in ugly clothes so I never have the blowout issue...thanks for the warning! (actually doubt I'll be able to do that, but at least I know what's coming!) As a response to your post on our blog..I'm not married to the Bjorn and I am happy that you already know a lot about this stuff. My sister is done having kids, so she'll give it to me anyway, but if our baby is 10.5 pounds like I was then it will only last until he gains 4 more pounds.
    Can't wait to see your Hamilton post! We have an idea for a package we want to send you but we haven't put it together yet. Hopefully that will happen this week!

    ReplyDelete