Monday, May 17, 2010

Hamilton...


A second post of the latest Hamilton moments and why we keep him around despite the constant threat to our second child...
  • Any time he stumbles, falls down, etc., the first words out of his mouth are "I'm okay!" If he's not actually ok, he'll start whimpering a little afterwards.
  • When Hamilton tripped in front of my dad and my dad didn't say anything, Hamilton helpfully prompted, "Are you okay, Hamilton?"
  • The "NOOO!!!!!" has (thank goodness) been replaced with a very polite "no, thank you." He tried (unsuccessfully) to use this phrase when I told him it was time to leave the park.
  • Is always saying, "Shall we..." Not sure where he picked up this formal speech.
  • Hamilton: Can I have some candy? Alex/Me: No. Hamilton: Can I watch a movie about candy?
  • "Grandma Lu Ann has red hair like Mommy!"
  • After going through a McDonald's drive-thru....Hamilton: Mommy, do you have a hamburger? Me: No, I got a fruit salad. Hamilton (smiling): A fruit salad! That's a great idea!
  • Pretty much every weekday morning...Hamilton: Daddy has to go to work? Alex: Yeah, buddy. Daddy has to go to work. Hamilton: Daddy never has to go to work?
  • And one morning when I REALLY needed it...Hamilton: Mommy goes to work? Me: No, I don't go to work. Well, I guess I work here. Hamilton: Mommy works at Hamilton's house? You're a good mommy.
  • Asked me if I got my red hair when I burned it. This came out of nowhere...what do these little guys think about?
  • On a walk around the neighborhood, we turned down a street that had a lot of trees...Hamilton: Wow! A forest! Mommy, do you see the forest! Me: Wow. Yeah, I see it. Hamilton: And a jungle! Where monkeys go!
  • We were walking to a friend's to drop off a baby present, and I was explaining that "Baby Rhys" is Kieran's little brother. Hamilton excitedly shouts, "Beckett's my little brother! Baby Beckett is mine!"
  • When we got into the hot car, Hamilton tried to blow on it to cool it down.
  • Mind over matter: Hamilton says, "It's not hot. It's not warm" when presented with freshly cooked food.
  • I asked him what Adam and Karen should name their baby. He thought and thought, even putting a finger to his lips saying, "hmmmm." His answer: Andy.
  • When asked to choose the FHE song this week, he choose "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" and "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam."
  • As I'm gathering up everything to head out for some adventure, Hamilton asks, "Are you ready boys?"
  • At our weekly music class, we sing an introduction song where we go around and everyone says their name. Last week Hamilton said "Teddy Bear." And pretty much every week, he answers for every kid in the class.
  • This month our music class is learning a "safety song." When asked who he should go to for help if he gets lost, Hamilton (after thinking it over) answered, "A wolf."

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I love it. He's such a little man!!! I love my neph's and their awesome personalities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since our A/C is out, Aaron says he wants to definitely try blowing on the car to make it cooler. What a cute little buddy you have! Thanks for sharing the adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, I wish I could remember all the little things and make notes. My memory gets worse with each child.

    ReplyDelete