Monday, April 26, 2010

Naptime


I used to love naptime. Hamilton would sleep 2-3 hours, allowing me to do productive tasks as well as the not-so-productive ones that make me happy. Now Hamilton doesn't nap everyday (grrrrr), and it is rare that he and Beckett sleep at the same time. So, when the magic day occurs that they DO sleep simultaneously, I feel a lot of confusion and pressure about how to spend that precious time. The other day (after eating and doing dishes) I'd narrowed my choices down to (a) shower or (b) take a nap...both kind of necessary that day. I thought maybe I'd sleep better not being gross, so I hopped in the shower. I got out to discover that I'd made the right choice because when I came out, I looked in the bassinet and saw this...



Kind of disappointing, but babies have a natural protection from sad, sleep-deprived mommies:
they are just too cute to be mad at for long.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Very sweet. Hope that works for all moms. I hear the lack of sleep is really tough the first months so I'm a little nervous about that one. Hopefully ours will be as sweet as yours.

    Off topic but I must share:
    Adam took a nap today and woke up and told me he had a dream that you and Alex had a 6 year old Mexican child and Alex had a taco truck. Adam was watching the child and he said he was thirsty so Adam tried to get into the taco truck to get him a drink. Alex arrived home and was mad because he said the Mexican child wasn't really thirsty...he was really just trying to get inside the truck to steal money.

    Hope you got a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious little man, I love that Beckster! p.s. I look forward to IKEA shark and Family saturday as posts to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah...maybe they'll happen someday :)

    ReplyDelete