Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Final Word on Potty Training

The potty training method I used was "3 days," so I'm satisfied with journaling those three days and not chronicling the longer "refinement" stage of potty training. We have had several accident-free ventures away from home, so I'm hopeful things are progressing well. Of course, I mostly have the sense that we've just been lucky. Maybe in a year I won't leave the house paranoid and steeled for disaster.

I can't close the blogging chapter on the subject, though, without sharing an amusing practice of Hamilton....

After he says, "I'm done," I ask, "Are you sure? Listen to your body. Is your peanut done?" Then Hamilton poses the question to his peanut, which then responds in a high-pitched voice, "Yes, sir. I'm done." It also thanks me for handing him any tissue and apologizes if any mess is created. Kind of goes against what you'd expect from a peanut personality...hope it's maintained through his teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment