Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hamilton...


  • ate the white eraser off a pencil and said, "That's not a marshmellow!"
  • tried to lick Beckett's head multiple times this morning.
  • is obsessed with Finding Nemo...most especially Mr. Ray.
  • on our way out to pick Alex up from the freeway (broken-down car)...Me: "Do you want to go rescue Daddy?" Hamilton: "Yeah! And be a scarecrow?!" Me: "No, no...RESCUE."
  • whispered to Beckett: "Can I tell you a secret? I love you." I do this to Hamilton :).
  • calls Beckett "buddy," "little fellow," and "Baby Beckett."
  • was jumping into a pillow pile last night and kept saying, "Beckett, did you see that?"
  • wants a skateboard.
  • ran around the house testing out his new sneakers.
  • has most of his books memorized.
  • walks around with his keyboard saying, "I'm going to work on Yo Gabba Gabba." I once asked if he was "DJ Hamilton," and he gave me a weird look and said, "No. DJ Lance." Ahhh...TV.
  • wanted Heidi and Miles to come over the other day. Kind of a long trip for them...too bad.
  • loves watching movies of himself.
  • often requests that I "play catch" with him
  • was driving me crazy, so I said, "I'm getting sick of this." To which he responded, "No. I'm getting sick of this!"
  • won't let me sing along to music in the car. He says, "No Mommy! I'm going to do it!" And this is not kid music...for example, he currently sings along to a Dave Matthews song, Phoenix, Frightened Rabbit (yikes..kind of potty-mouths those boys), Fleet Foxes.
  • won't eat bread (he only ate the frosting off the above cinnamon roll), but likes cantaloupe, pickles, and cauliflower.
  • is hard work but worth it. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh man! I can't wait to show Adam when he gets home from work in a couple hours! I was laughing out loud (not just in my head) at most of those! Despite not letting you sing in the car and being hard work, you really make us excited to be parents! You make us more excited to see you in just a couple months! Your kids are so cute, Kate...and you two are great examples to us!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a crack up! I love how he talks to Beckett just like you talk to him. Way too funny.
    -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moment of the day was awesome today! good to know everything is working properly in your little Beckett and also that it was only spit up and not vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite moment: the marshmallow pencil. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great list! i love his "no I'M sick of this." it's great when they start repeating things like that, and then you really know how you sound. :) ah ... yes. lots of work, but so very entertaining!! thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete