Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween I

I just created a "Halloween 2010" album on iPhoto...choosing my favorites from all our festivities this month...there were 47 photos! Yikes...far too many for one post! What to do? Well, if Halloween the movie can have a dozen sequels, then I should be able to have a few post sequels of my own. So, here's the beginning...with my reserving the right to post more.

I should preface the following photos by saying that kids make Halloween awesome...even if you've been a big Halloween Scrooge for most of your life. Hamilton counted down to Trick-or-Treating for most of the month, even spending a week refusing to go anywhere without his jack-o-lantern basket. I don't think he was disappointed when the real deal finally came around yesterday. And one of the first things he asked about this morning, of course, was his candy.

Costume #2: Couldn't resist the muscles...Hamilton is clearly loving them as well. The costume, though, looked much more complete with his blue Converse hightops.


My little pumpkin...


Alex and I actually dressed up! Miracle. We wanted costumes that went together, but our options were severely limited by the fact that 90% of women's costumes are slutty versions of the costumes you're actually looking for....from Cinderella to Hermione. I had forgotten, until we bought them, that my sister-in-law was Alice last year...a really perfectly cast Alice, so I feel a little lame, especially since (6 weeks post-baby) she wore that costume again this year. Though Alex's Mad Hatter did win "Best Costume" at the party we went to, and I'm certain my Alice played a role in that.

I learned a REALLY easy way to embellish plain t-shirts. All my boys got one for Halloween. Here's "Boo Boo Beckett's" romper that goes perfectly with his Frankenstein socks....
Hamilton and his buddy Stockton getting excited about Trick-or-Treating. Kieran, the third musketeer, is transforming into a shark off camera.
Trick-or-treating at Rosie's...
Yes, my boys all had two costumes (for the record, only one set was purchased this year). Look at my little dragon...between afternoon church and Halloween festivities, he was a goner by 7.
What?! A picture with me in it?! Miracle. Thanks, Tami, for giving me a break from being the family photographer. I love this shot of me and my crazy Hamilton. And, as my cousin Jenny pointed out, it is pretty awesome that we can wear shorts on Halloween night!


Disclaimer: I KNOW Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, but how could I resist?? And, if we went with friends from church, isn't that like an extension of church meetings? Let's say, yes.

3 comments:

  1. Super great pictures! Though I am obliged to say that I think my favorites are the two of you and alex in costume haha. i love it. I love Halloween but my studiousness precluded me from going all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your Family had a great time! You should have gotten together with Adam and Karen because they were Alice IN Wonderland characters too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures.

    I love how in the picture of Alex, it looks like the bat just flew out of his outstretched hand. And in the picture of Beckett in the Boo shirt, he looks the most like Hamilton I've ever seen.

    Trick-or-Treating? At Rosie's? On a Sunday? I am sure you meant visiting teaching. You got a lot of visiting teaching done that night. You and all your VT companions. Good jorb.

    ReplyDelete