Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To Grandmother's House We Go...

One of my favorite places in the world is my Grandma Snyder's house. It is the only place that still truly feels like home. Hamilton loves it about as much as I do. He makes his "rounds" as soon as we get there: toy chest, glass "aquarium," water cooler, Asian stress balls, books, and a turtle he is forever trying to make a home for in the toliet. His "Doodie" is one of his favorite playmates, which gives this mommy a lovely break, as well as a chance to see the generations surrounding me finding so much joy in each other. Sometimes we're lucky enough to be there the same time as my aunt Tracey, postcard writer and imaginative playmate, yet another favorite of Hamilton and mine.

I should have been doing laundry, packing, and cleaning, but how could I possibly turn down the opportunity to spend the day in Fullerton? I'll be up late tonight to make up for it, but it was (no surprise) totally worth it.

There was lots of reading (new books!).

There was the gifting of souvenirs from their recent Germany and San Antonio travels.


There were lots of smiles and silliness...

including ridiculous hats that made "Taco Tuesday" lunch even more delicious.


There was a very happy Beckett who took TWO naps to make up for a rough night.

Of course, there were also moments when everyone needed to be reminded about having good behavior...

but they didn't last too long.

Thank you Grandma and Tracey for another wonderful day spent on Ladera Vista Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment