Thursday, September 2, 2010

Conversations with Hamilton



The following post is to remind me that Hamilton is a cute, charming little boy and not just the sleep-deprived monster I've been dealing with all week....

While changing H's diaper during B's nap...

Hamilton: That's my peanut.
Me: Yep, that's your peanut.
Hamilton: Beckett's peanut is sleeping.

In the drive-thru line at McDonald's...

Hamilton: Are you getting chocolate milk or a Diet Coke?
Me: Probably a Diet Coke. [note: drinking a lot of this lately...hardest thing I can drink as a Mormon...]
Hamilton: I'll probably have chocolate milk and French fries.

While trying to get Hamilton's shoes and socks on...

Me: Argh! Will you just stay still? You're driving me nuts!
Hamilton: I'm NOT driving you nuts. I'm driving you bananas.

At the park, from out of nowhere...

Hamilton (in a sweet, little voice): You're my mommy forever.

2 comments:

  1. THIS is why I'm excited for motherhood! Thanks for sharing that it's not just screaming and hitting...though I experienced it firsthand when he and Adam were cuddling and reading stories in bed and he was soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously love the things they say. i think that's why i still have my kiddies and haven't given them to the zoo yet. :)

    and i love that it's a "peanut" ... cole has decided that "privates" are called "privacy" -- like "miles just hit me in my privacy!" comedy. yes. kids are funny.

    ReplyDelete