Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy (Belated) Six Months, Beckett!





I'm not a horrible mom, I promise...at least not for this late blog post. It is Beckett's fault. A few low sleep nights kind of put me in slow motion and behind on stuff. So, here it goes...

The Stats...
  • 18 pounds! No one will believe me there was a period where he wasn't gaining weight. (50-60%)
  • 26 1/2 inches tall (50-60%)
  • 44.5 cm head circumference (65%)
The Boy Himself...
  • First reactions to seeing me when he wakes up are kicking feet and a big smile
  • Is usually sleeping through the night
  • Still not rolling over, but he's getting pretty good at sitting up
  • Had his first long vacation (visited family in Utah) and was pretty awesome in the car and pretty ok at adjusting to new places
  • I know he's sleepy when he nuzzles his head into my neck, which might make you think he falls asleep there. No. My boy prefers to be lying down on his own with his blankey and pacifier. He only fell asleep at church when I stopped holding and rocking him and put him on another chair by himself.
  • Is enjoying the exersaucer...except when Hamilton is playing with it at the same time
  • 2nd attempt at rice cereal: much more successful, but he's not really into it.
  • Cereal + carrots = rough, rough night
  • Sweet potatoes = so far so good
  • Is enjoying books now. I started reading to Hamilton at like 2 weeks. Poor neglected 2nd child.
  • First trip to the beach. Liked the sand...not so much the ocean itself.
  • Loves bathtime. He starts kicking, smiling, laughing when I put him down on the mat and start the water...this is even if he was fussing moments before.
  • Still thinks Hamilton is hilarious. One can often hear Hamilton requesting, "I want to make Beckett laugh," which is accompanied by his removing Beckett's pacifier.
  • Starting to exhibit signs of serious "I love Daddy"--super happy watching Alex teach Gospel Doctrine and seeing him come home. Darn...one more on Alex's team.
  • Beckett's favorite toy is his squeaky giraffe.
  • He can grab his toes...he is fascinated by those toes.


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Rice cereal is the worst. We always ended up with projectile vomiting when we tried rice cereal, but the kids were fine with the oatmeal and barley baby cereals. Go figure. You are awesome for recording this sort of thing about your second baby. I wish I'd been more diligent. It's all kind of a blur now. I can hardly even tell their baby pictures apart without checking the date stamp. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure if I have a nice "first year" book for him, he might forget the fact that most of that first year was spent listening to me yell at Hamilton and failing to protect him all the time. Sigh. Sounds like you could just do the same book for all your boys...just hide the date stamp and don't let them see each other's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last picture of the boys together! Hamilton looks like he's about to do something to Beckett and Beckett knows it's coming, but is smiling anyway and throwing his arms in the air like "whatever...go ahead...I'm used to it!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 months already! Wow times flies by so fast. Hamilton will be 3 soon that is so crazy! It sounds like Beckett is just so wonderful. I hope I get a child like that..

    ReplyDelete