Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Beckett is FIVE months!

First, I will let "mother guilt" speak: Yes, I'm posting this a day late. Yes, the boys are in a different place than all the other "month" photos. And Yes, there is not a "Beckett only" picture. Second, I will add some "justification" for my poor mothering: The photos were taken early...just didn't have the time to post them. I did, to be honest, think I would do more "official" photos in time...didn't, obviously, happen. And there are no "just Beckett" pics because Hamilton wouldn't let me...it was both of them together or just Hamilton. Camera hog.

Now, on to what this post is really about: my sweet Beckett. No pediatrician this month, so no stats...just the cute stuff.
  • He is still a super sweet and easy baby. People can't believe how good he is...neither can I.
  • He is holding and playing with objects more.
  • He loves chewing on his fingers and cloth...preferably one of his swaddling blankets.
  • He has been sleeping through the night for at least a week now. "Sleep Training" involved me 1. moving the pack 'n play into the office, 2. getting up once or twice and putting his pacifier back in...that happened for two nights, 3. wonder and worry if it was really that easy
  • He wakes up between 6 and 7, but will go down again right after he eats or in 90 minutes or so. Sleepy boy!
  • He continues to be very smiley.
  • He LOVES his big brother...despite everything :). It's amazing that the big brother-little brother dynamic already exists. Beckett looks at Hamilton differently than at Alex or me...neither of us parents can make Beckett crack up by simply existing.
  • Nicknames emerging: I find myself calling him "Becks" a lot---is that a wussy name? Shoot. You are pretty much guaranteed a smile and a laugh if you say "BooBoo Beckett" in a kind of silly voice.
  • Outgrowing 3-6 month stuff, so he's keeping up those chubby thighs!
  • Riding in a stroller sans baby seat...wow, he's growing up!



2 comments:

  1. So cute! And I found myself calling him "Becks" just yesterday. It just feels right somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamilton looks so grown up! And Beckett is adorable - love the thighs!!

    ReplyDelete