Monday, January 4, 2010

Anticipating the New Year


Mondays tend to be the day for setting new goals and starting new routines.  Today is the first Monday of the new year, so it really is the ultimate Monday for beginning resolutions.  I, as usual, have a long list of things I'd like to do better: scripture reading, house organization, mommy-ing, budgeting, meal planning, getting in shape, and on and on.  However, with a new baby just six weeks away, I find myself looking at 2010 not with "a new year: a new you!" glasses, but more like "Oh my gosh...this year is going to be a little crazy.  Yikes!" ones.  So, rather than losing it, I've decided to make some pre-emptive strikes to prevent 2010 from overpowering me and, instead, emerge more empowered.  This blog will be one of them: a productive, creative outlet for the upcoming roller coaster year.  I also imagine putting the entries together and giving them to my boys when they get older: a record of our first year together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment