Thursday, February 11, 2010

Practice...

Travis and Heidi were generous enough to make themselves scarce for the last ten days, which afforded me the opportunity to enjoy some aunt-nephew time...with the added benefit of being able to test out the whole "two boys" thing.  I have to say, I think I'm in for a bit of trouble but a whole lot of fun.....

First Luke, Hamilton, and I spent a few hours at Disneyland.  Relieved to discover that two boys were NOT twice as much work...and this from the 9+ month pregnant lady.  

Hamilton actually spotted Mickey Mouse first...Luke and I initially dismissed his "Mickey! Mickey!" as referring to the opening gate flowers. Glad we took a second look!  Not pictured: hugs, high fives, and Luke complimenting Mickey's ears.
This is one of two jungle cruises we took.  Going twice in a row was Luke's idea, and I agreed with him that it was "genius."  Best part for (sadistic) me was when the piranhas suddenly leaped from the water and startled Hamilton.
Luke took Hamilton and me for a drive.  Honestly, the best time I've ever had on Autopia.  I spent a large part of the time yelling, "Watch the road you crazy driver!" I thought it was funnier than Luke did.
Waiting for the Nemo Sub.  We got in trouble shortly after this shot: you have to have at least ONE foot on the ground apparently.  Ooops.  What you can't tell from this photo (thankfully) is that Hamilton has a super icky diaper.  Yeah, we went on the ride anyway (sorry fellow travelers)...the boys were about to lose their patience.  On the tram ride back, Luke and I voted the ensuing diaper change the only lowlight of our Disney time.
A couple highlights not pictured: 1.  listening to a voicemail from Travis from Rome (or maybe it was Paris...so hard to keep track) over the car's bluetooth.  Luke had us listen to it three or four times....it maybe even topped Autopia for him and 2. After I fulfilled Luke's request for a Sprite to go with his Happy Meal, he asked, "Oh no...wait...you're my aunt, right? So, you can get me soda, right?  Grandma would be so mad [snicker, snicker] if I got one."  Aha...the difference between "aunt" and "mom." 


The next week, Hamilton and I invited Miles over for a "play date."  This actually saved me because Hamilton was crazy and unnapped that day...Miles kept him happier and more entertained than worn-out Mommy could alone.  

Here they are enjoying popcorn and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse:
And some dinner....
They liked to line up against the wall and then say, "Ready, Set, Goooo!" and take off...


I loved having the chance to spend time with all my little guys these last couple weeks.  Luke was actually the first baby that made me feel, "Wow...I could hold this little guy all day long.  Maybe I do have some maternal-something inside me."  And now I have another nephew I adore, a boy of my own, and another on the way.  How lucky am I? 


1 comment:

  1. These kids crack me up!!! I am so so glad you posted these pictures. I loved hearing about them but to see them is great. We got some great little boys in our family, and we are all so excited for one more to be added! I especially love the picture of miles and hamilton sitting on the sofa. they look so old and so little at the same time. it is so cute

    ReplyDelete